Charismatic Championship Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The xmas show

+3
Monkeydude
TheAmericanSamurai
the man
7 posters

Go down

How good was the editing?

The xmas show I_vote_lcap10%The xmas show I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
The xmas show I_vote_lcap29%The xmas show I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]
The xmas show I_vote_lcap29%The xmas show I_vote_rcap 29% 
[ 6 ]
The xmas show I_vote_lcap19%The xmas show I_vote_rcap 19% 
[ 4 ]
The xmas show I_vote_lcap13%The xmas show I_vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 21

The xmas show Empty The xmas show

Post  the man Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:33 am

As many of you would have noticed the show was not in order nor did it have a start, ending or middle segments. This is my fault I was going to do the segments but had no time so I am sorry for that. I would like to thanks edge and whoever else did graphics on the show which I didn't really know how to do. The order of the matchs should have been like this if you want to watch it without the jumbled mess:

Opening segment - in not finished
IN Tournament Joe Chin vs King Edge
Emerald Flame and generation X picks a match -- not in show
Emerald flame & Generation X vs Patrick Hart & Queketh -- Jingle Bell
HunterX picks a Match -- not in show
HunterX vs Scrier vs #6 -- grisly gifts
J-DubfromVA picks a Match -- not in show
J-dub vs Ripper vs Chris laffey -- Reindeer suit
Rex Meuser picks a match -- not in show
Rex Meuser vs The Giant Kludd vs Jake Tyler vs Mr. Kase -- Candy Cane on a pole
Doomraider picks a match -- not in show
Doomraider & TAS Max Thomas vs The Breaker and Travis Dane -- Christmas tree panty's
Mitch shredder vs Monkeydude for the CCW title -- Santa's Sleigh
Closing Segment -- in not finished

I Edited all of the matches myself and I made the 4 way from nothing(Hens the ending) so I would like it if you could tell me how I went with that that would be great.
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male
Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2008-07-14

Back to top Go down

The xmas show Empty Re: The xmas show

Post  the man Fri Dec 26, 2008 2:53 pm

ok if the people that thought it was bad could tell me that would be great, because 3 people have voted for the bottom 3 choices
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAmericanSamurai Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:41 pm

I think it was okay. The order and everything was jumbled, but you already brought that up. I'm not entirely sure why panties were involved in the tag match thing, but whatever you guys think makes a match interesting.
TheAmericanSamurai
TheAmericanSamurai
Creative Team Member

Male
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Monkeydude Fri Dec 26, 2008 8:51 pm

The matches were good, but what wasn't good was the lack of segments... and not really sure why the opening and ending segments were in the show, but just names in it... but the worst thing about the show imo was that it wasn't in order... at all... other then that it was a pretty good show, sad that I couldn't help much though

PS. next time you edit and make the submission moves longer... don't add that much on every move, especially when it's just weak moves, other then that, good match editing
Monkeydude
Monkeydude
Vice-General Manager
Vice-General Manager

Male
Number of posts : 523
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterX Sat Dec 27, 2008 5:04 am

It wasn't MD or KE standard but it was pretty damn good Smile

good job luke (and jake?)

HunterX
Star
Star

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  the man Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:03 am

Monkeydude wrote:The matches were good, but what wasn't good was the lack of segments... and not really sure why the opening and ending segments were in the show, but just names in it... but the worst thing about the show imo was that it wasn't in order... at all... other then that it was a pretty good show, sad that I couldn't help much though

PS. next time you edit and make the submission moves longer... don't add that much on every move, especially when it's just weak moves, other then that, good match editing

MD the segments were next but I did not get time to do them. I can believe people are saying there blind grandmother could do better. What the fuck is wrong with u people?? I didn't see any of the other GMs doing any editing I did the whole show. I asked if some one could put in the segments and that didn't happen. I don't know why the GMs complain about not having help I do a whole show and get raped for not doing it up to standard.

The Panties(sos about that I am a really bad speller) was just a little fun thing for doom seeing as we dont have anybody that is up with him for a good match, it was a reward he likes that king of thing.

P.S i am sure I said rate the editing not the show because I know the show was fucked, that is why I said rate the editing
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  TheAmericanSamurai Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:41 am

the man wrote:The Panties(sos about that I am a really bad speller) was just a little fun thing for doom seeing as we dont have anybody that is up with him for a good match, it was a reward he likes that king of thing.
The spelling mistake is cool Luke, everybody does it lol So no big there.

But the editing was upper end of average. Good comparatively, but nothing stellar. Definitely not bad though.
TheAmericanSamurai
TheAmericanSamurai
Creative Team Member

Male
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Chin Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:15 pm

Voted not good because I didn't read the thread carefully and just voted on overall show quality. Match editing was closer to average, with some good endings and some big blocks of text at the end of some matches that could've been broken up to make them more readable. Either way, do I think it makes you a bad GM? Lord no. Is it better than I could do? Probably! Bottom line is that the show's complete and could've been completely half-assed, but you at least tried to make it look good. Kudos for everything you got right, and hopefully you can learn from what didn't work.

And for those of you who voted "blind grandmother," I submit for your consideration a former teammate from Stormy Wrestling's show which IS blind grandma bad: http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/vedi_show.asp?id=5973

Joe Chin
Star
Star

Male
Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Meuser Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:10 am

Part of my match were cut to another segment which is a serious mistake IMO.

Rex Meuser
Star
Star

Male
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post  the man Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:00 am

Rex Meuser wrote:Part of my match were cut to another segment which is a serious mistake IMO.

what that mae no sense what so ever. there was nothing wrong with ur match, I told you if you read the rest of the post the the show was not in order.

and chin ur right I can't understand why people voted for the last one. I would love to see them do better in 4 days. I would also love to see them not be gutless and actualy say why instead of voting and not saying anything, especialy when I said rate the editing not the show.
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  HunterX Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:04 am

Well I know im not one of the ppl that voted below the first option ;pp

HunterX
Star
Star

Male
Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post  TheGiantKludd Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:27 pm

Just to point it out mate, if you added a poll option, don't be pissed that people selected it. I'm sure people do appreciate the work you put into it, but perhaps if you're setting the poll options after, have the same level of response without the stuff you find offensive if anyone DOES select it.

Editing was okay, but there were a lot of drop-offs and non-endings, like you already said. I'd say if there's no way of resolving (in my case) a 4v4, don't do 4v4's. It's kind of lame to just flag it as "well someone else came out and smashed you all" after a long match like that. Go for a forced tag team or something. Maybe 2v2, then the winning tag team split into a 1v1?

I think overall it was pretty okay, despite the lack of time to finish it off - but hey, it's fucking CHRISTMAS, you likely have a lot of other things to do on the same day :-p

TheGiantKludd
Opener
Opener

Male
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  the man Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:40 pm

TheGiantKludd wrote:Just to point it out mate, if you added a poll option, don't be pissed that people selected it. I'm sure people do appreciate the work you put into it, but perhaps if you're setting the poll options after, have the same level of response without the stuff you find offensive if anyone DOES select it.

Editing was okay, but there were a lot of drop-offs and non-endings, like you already said. I'd say if there's no way of resolving (in my case) a 4v4, don't do 4v4's. It's kind of lame to just flag it as "well someone else came out and smashed you all" after a long match like that. Go for a forced tag team or something. Maybe 2v2, then the winning tag team split into a 1v1?

I think overall it was pretty okay, despite the lack of time to finish it off - but hey, it's fucking CHRISTMAS, you likely have a lot of other things to do on the same day :-p

there was one match were the end couldn't be decided and that was the 4 way, there was no other way that would have been good to have it. The reason I had a option like that is if it there is somthing wrong then u say. also I asked to have the editing rated not the other shit which half of the guys have done.
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Meuser Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:08 pm

the man wrote:
Rex Meuser wrote:Part of my match were cut to another segment which is a serious mistake IMO.

what
that mae no sense what so ever. there was nothing wrong with ur match,
I told you if you read the rest of the post the the show was not in
order.

and chin ur right I can't understand why people voted
for the last one. I would love to see them do better in 4 days. I would
also love to see them not be gutless and actualy say why instead of
voting and not saying anything, especialy when I said rate the editing
not the show.

First thing first, I vote for "not good" and not the last option so
don't assume I vote for the last option because of that segment
error(sorry if I assume that you assumed me).

Second, for my match, the last part of it is on the christmas gift interview section, like this:

yeh thats it."The Ripper" Tyler Sloan appears on screen next to LukeSloan: Yeah...um...I would really like some tissues for Christmas because I think Luke just made me cry...Sloan wipes his eyes and quickly goes off screeen

"Titanic" Jake Tyler swings at Mr.Kase's Head connecting with a Mortal Candy Cane shot
"Titanic" Jake Tyler climbs the turnbuckle and and waits for Mr.Kase to get up he jumps from the turnbuckle and catches Mr.Kase right in the mid-section executing a devastating Harpoon Spear
Madison: Oh the Harpoon Spear!

Steve: Jake is going to get the first Pin here I know it.

"Titanic" Jake Tyler goes for the Pin

and continue on until the end of my match, then later on the show, the real match started and it stopped when I have a Warhammer. At that time I know, "Oh...that thing I saw just now on the interview part was the last part of my match."

If that is consider as editing the show, well that's still a huge mistake. The show is not in order, yeah, but a segment is normally completed. For example the show is not in order, we got Mitch vs MD at the 3rd match, at least that match is a complete match and that is absolutely fine. In my case, you are seeing(for example) Mitch got his finisher on MD and then the next segment begins. Suddenly on one part of the 6th segment(for example, again), you see Mitch pins MD and MD kicks out then the fight goes on. To be absolutely honest I don't see how that can happen, I read the GM tut and VGM tut on SWP forum(written by Malice), I know that the editor is segment by segment and I can't see why the "leg" of my match is chopped down and is put onto another segment. I thought the thing to do is to make the writing more interesting, color etc.

Without that segment mistake, anyway, the editing is a little below average IMO, 50% being average then I give 45% on that.

Rex Meuser
Star
Star

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  the man Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:54 am

your an idiot. The segment was not supposed to be there. The end to ur match was going to be joined on to the rest of the match when the show was confirmed because as you would have noticed every other match had a banner at the top this one did not because it was just going to be placed on at the end and have it continue. The reason it is in another spot is becuase I put it in another match place so everyone could get paid. I could have had it so that you didn't get paid for the show and put myself in as mitch suggested but no, the young guys deserve to be in the shows because they need the money more than me I told him.

stop bitching about ur match not being in order I said I am sorry a thousand times I dont know how many more I can say it.
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Meuser Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:30 am

Alright, just explain it like that and I will accept it. I didn't use any bad word like "idiot, bitching" on you. I thought that's a serious mistake until now I understand it. Nvm, guess I shouldn't have asked it for the first place. Rolling Eyes

Rex Meuser
Star
Star

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  the man Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:34 am

sos man I did not mean to offend you. I am just pissed because I worked my ass of on that show and all some people can do is complain. (not directed at you, but to many people)
the man
the man
Creative Team Leader

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Rex Meuser Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:30 am

Sorry to you too especially talk so much when it's your birthday.

Rex Meuser
Star
Star

Male

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down